ACFCCA Mission Statement:
Our mission is to support child care providers and the community they serve by providing educational opportunities, legislative support and ensure that the Association remain vital
DEDICATED TO ENRICHING THE LIVES OF CHILDREN
Who are we?
ACFCCA is a non-profit association for licensed child care professionals who work for the benefit of the children in care, fellow providers, and our community's needs. Licensed family child care is a vital part of every community.
Why form an association?
ACFCCA was first established in 1972 for the following purposes:
- To offer a support system for providers in Arapahoe county.
- To enhance and promote professionalism among child care providers.
- To act as liaison between providers and child care advocates, including the Department of Human Services.
- To further educate providers and parents in all areas of child care and to offer a complete resource of the continuing education available.
- To have a voice in family child care rules and regulations at both the county and state levels.
- To affect pertinent legislation at both the state and national levels.
ACFCCA is an affiliate of the Colorado Association of Family Child Care (CAFCC). We have board members who, as our state representatives, attend the monthly state meeting in order to vote on issues representing our membership and to keep us informed of legislation concerning our profession.
Services we provide
We offer a support network for child care providers in Arapahoe county. We service our memgership by providing a REFERRAL service, training classes, conferences, madatory trainings, and provider appreciation. Our meetings are open to anyone: parents, advocates, and providers from any county are always welcome.