ACFCCA Mission Statement:
Our mission is to support child care providers and the community they serve by providing educational opportunities, outreach programs and legislative support. In order to ensure that the association and it's mission remain vital, financial stability, growth and continuous organizational improvements will be specifically targeted as part of what we do.
DEDICATED TO ENRICHING THE LIVES OF CHILDREN
Who are we?
ACFCCA is a non-profit association for licensed child care professionals who work for the benefit of the children in care, fellow providers, and our community's needs. Licensed family child care is a vital part of every community. Child care providers are only now beginning to receive the recognition that they have long deserved.
Why form an association?
ACFCCA was first organized over 30 years ago for the following purposes:
- To offer a support system for providers in Arapahoe county.
- To enhance and promote professionalism among child care providers.
- To act as liaison between providers and child care advocates, including the Department of Human Services.
- To further educate providers and parents in all areas of child care and to offer a complete resource of the continuing education available.
- To have a voice in family child care rules and regulations at both the county and state levels.
- To affect pertinent legislation at both the state and national levels.
ACFCCA is an affiliate of the Colorado Association of Family Child Care (CAFCC). We have board members who as our state representatives, attend the monthly state meeting in order to vote on issues representing our membership and to keep us informed of legislation concerning our profession.
Services we provide
We offer a support network for child care providers in Arapahoe county. We provide a REFERRAL service, accredited monthly training classes, opportunities for involvement in our association, and our "Lifeline" newsletter to all of our members. We have grown extensively over the years and have serviced our membership by providing two separate training classes each month in different areas and on different days. The only months that we do not hold meetings are in June, July and December. Our meetings are open to anyone. Parents, Advocates and providers from any county are always welcome.